Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Editing Tip #3 Music

Everyone has their own way of editing. I want to give you a tip that I find useful, but you don't have to take it as law. Since I'm usually using an already made song, this is what I do: I will put the music into my timeline first and add the footage after. It helps me to match it up to the footage with the music to make it look better and have a rhythm that fits. You should end up with something more on beat this way then adding the music after.

2 comments:

  1. That worked really well when I was watching you edit. Don't Hollywood movies edit first, then the composer watches it, then he makes music around it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of different ways people do things. But yes that is one way to do it. But since we aren't big shots yet who can do that, this is pretty good I think.

      Delete